Brief Technology Description
AquaTrip is a permanently installed water leak detection and reaction system that monitors the flow of water into one’s property from 15-100mm pipe diameters. If a leak, burst pipe, dripping toilets cistern, urinal or geyser is detected the, AquaTrip will automatically shut off the water warning you that there is a leak on the property. The AquaTrip also has various preset options available and management platforms with internet connections and programming.
Next Steps Required
For Government departments i.e.; Education, Public Works and Human Settlements to adopt and roll out to all properties.
Weaver Simmons, Chris De Wet Steyn
The company was established in 2009.
Detailed Technology Description
- AquaTrip is permanently installed on a water line and the technology monitors the flow of water over time during specific set times that are predetermined by the customer.
- If the AquaTrip detects a leak, it will shut the water off and stops water wastage.
- The technology has the ability to distinguish between normal usage and leaks. AquaTrip works silently in the background and most users do not know that it has been installed.
- AquaTrip does not alter consumption patterns – it only eliminates water wastage.
- The AquaTrip protects the building from both unknown and known water wastage.
- AquaTrip reduces customer’s water consumption by up to 70%.
- AquaTrip is perfectly suited for high leak-probability areas (toilets, irrigation lines, kitchenettes & basement taps)
- AquaTrip’s complementary solutions further enhance our success in eliminating water wastage (occupancy sensors, geyser solutions, Wireless wetness detectors, GSM controllers, etc.)
- Private Residence
- Commercial Buildings
- Town Houses/ Flats
- Patented technology
- SANS 1808.35 approved
- SABS approved
- Watermark certification 23037
- Australian Standard 5200.030
- Battery or Mains operated
- Normal to max pressure range/ temp 70 – 1000kPa and 50 degrees
- Flow sensing capacity 30 ml/ minutes – 100 l/ min
- High strength PVC construction & BSP valve thread
- Submersible technology
Testing and Demonstration Results
Papers and Publications
Patent No: 2016/04066.
Cost to supply & install an Aquatrip valve in a 100 dia water main to a block of townhouses in Cape Town